Monday, May 18, 2009

Do you see what I see?


What do you think when you see this picture? I see potential, I see hope and loss at the same time, I see anger, I see confusion, I see a kid who should be watching LeBron instead of killing, I see a child who should smile instead of making a grimacing face, I see a child who should be holding a skateboard instead of an assault rifle, and I see that I can't take this anymore.
I am joining the fight, the only way that I can right now.

I am going on a three-day water-only fast next Wednesday through Friday (May 20-22), and would like for you to consider joining me. There are several things from which you can fast – it doesn’t have to be a water-only fast. You can fast from meat, alcohol, coffee, or even TV – pick something you love and go without it. The point is to be constantly mindful of the people of Darfur during this time. Every time you experience a hunger pang, or start to crave whatever it is that you’re fasting from, say a prayer for Darfur.

But don’t stop there. Tell your friends, ask them to join you, and ask them to tell all their friends and family about this terrible humanitarian crisis. Send letters to our president and members of Congress. Send letters to the editor of your newspaper. Send letters to TV stations. This is a chance for us to raise our collective voice for the orphans, widows, and outcasts of our world. I hope you’ll join me. (via Steve Cook's blog, but it's my hearts cry, as well)


I am tired of seeing the fighting , the hurt, the killing, and the lack of smiles in Darfur.

Daniel McCollum (click here for Daniels take)and myself, are joining our incredible friend , Steve Cook,(check out his blog here) for a time of prayer on Wednesday at noon at the Billy Graham Library Garden, here in Charlotte, NC. PLEASE COME JOIN US FOR AN HOUR OF PRAYER.

Directions to Billy Graham Library



2 Chronicles 7:14 : And my people, my God-defined people, respond by humbling themselves, praying, seeking my presence, and turning their backs on their wicked lives, I’ll be there ready for you: I’ll listen from heaven, forgive their sins, and restore their land to health.

Check out my video for a personal invite!


No comments:

Post a Comment